Saturday, August 21, 2010

CAIR-MI Forfeits NYC Mosque Debate on Local Radio

I managed to catch this debate-that-never-was on AM 990 on Friday. CAIR’s Dawud Walid failed to show up to argue the Ikhwan’s side of the mosque controversy, so Robert Spencer had the segment to himself. There’s no sign of Dawud’s blog posting announcing he was going to be appearing on Al’s show. From JihadWatch:

Dawud Walid of Hamas-linked CAIR bails out of debate with Spencer

Posted by Robert on August 20, 2010 3:20 PM

A few days ago I agreed to a debate on the Islamic supremacist mega-mosque at Ground Zero on Ave Maria Radio's [1]
Kresta in the Afternoon, with host Al Kresta. They didn't have an opponent lined up yet, but that was fine with me: the facts are the facts.

So imagine when my surprise and delight when I was waiting for the show to start and Dawud Walid of Hamas-linked CAIR's Michigan chapter was announced as my debate opponent. CAIR operatives have been ducking me for years, ever since Honest Ibe Hooper and I had a delightful encounter moderated by, of all people, Keith Olbermann, on MSNBC way back in 2003 or 2004. Hearing Walid announced, I quickly opened my files on CAIR's connections with Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, the convictions of its officials on terror charges, its unindicted co-conspirator status, and the rest, and was loaded for bear -- CAIR bear.

But then Kresta went on the air and he was, well, crestfallen. He and his producer Nick Thomm told the story to the listening audience: they had contacted CAIR's national office in Washington, which referred them to Walid, who agreed to a debate and even posted on his blog that he would be appearing. They were chagrined to report that after all that, Walid had not shown up. He had vanished without notice or explanation.

Of course, CAIR operatives know that I will tell the truth about their unsavory gang of thugs, libel artists and seditionists. That's why they will not meet me in debate, whatever the forum, whatever the topic. But if they ever summon up some courage to defend their Islamic supremacist positions, I'll be right here.

Meanwhile, I expect you'll find Dawud Walid cowering in a corner with [2]
Brave Ahmed Rehab.

No comments: